This amazing homemade flea powder works as an effective flea, tick, ant, mites, fly, and mosquito repellent. Dispose of your toxic repellent and replace with this natural alternative!
Many people are already interested in this natural flea repellent or a natural flea powder, making it obligatory to refer to it in this article. It is already tested and it really works wonders!
Most people simply avoid putting chemical flea treatment on their dog as these products are associated with pet poisoning. Why would you put any of them all over your dog when the instructions say that you shouldn’t let them come into contact with your skin? It makes sense, doesn`t it?
The good news is that this homemade flea powder is already tested and claimed to be extremely effective. It is completely safe to use and there is literally no reason why you would not use it. Check it out, give it a try, and see the results for yourself!
Homemade Flea Powder Recipe
- 1 cup Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
- ½ cup Yarrow Powder
- ½ cup Neem Powder
- 20 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil ( only for dogs)
- Combine all the ingredients and transfer the mixture into a shaker top container, such as a mason jar with a shaker top lid
- Apply the powder from head to tail along your pet`s spine
- Try to get the powder on as much skin as possible, rubbing in onto the legs and belly
- Avoid the area around the eyes and nose
- Focus on the area above the tail and belly
- It is recommended to brush the fur in the opposite direction and apply the powder with a puff
How Often to Apply Flea Powder?
Generally, you should use it once a month during the active flea season, which is the end of spring/summer. Reapply in case the pet gets wet.
In case you notice any signs of a flea infestation, you need to apply the powder more frequently. However, the frequency depends of the severity of the infestation itself. Applying it every other day works great for some people, while some people need to do it more often.
In case of a flea infestation, you should also apply the powder on places like the sofa, pet bedding, door sills, windowsills, and floors. Apply the power and leave it work overnight! All you have to do is to vacuum in the morning and enjoy in your flea-free home.