2-Ingredient Banana Egg Pancakes for Heart Health and Weight Loss

Pancakes are one of the most popular staples for any household and they are usually eaten for breakfast.  Even though they are a good way to jumpstart your day, commercial pancake mixes are loaded with bleached white flour, gluten, hydrogenated fats, and processed sugar.  Preparing them is extremely easy and all of these ingredients added in the mix only put your health at risk. So, it turns out that they do more harm than good as their disadvantages definitely outweigh the benefits.

The good news is that there is an easy way to prepare healthy pancakes, using only two ingredients: eggs and bananas.

Health Benefits Of Eggs

Eggs are abundant in nutrients, which makes them  an ideal breakfast option. Among them are:

  • Vitamin B2
  • Folate
  • Phosphorous
  • Selenium
  • Vitamin A
  • Vitamin B5
  • Vitamin B12

Moreover, eggs are rich in omega-3 fats and proteins, both of which stimulate weight loss and reduce inflammation.  They also raise HDL cholesterol, which in turn helps prevent various forms of heart health conditions.

Generally, people eat only eggs whites or avoid them completely as they assume that the cholesterol found in the yolk may lead to accumulation of cholesterol in the body.  But, it has been scientifically shown that the consumption of whole eggs doesn’t affect body`s cholesterol levels.  According to a study, eating eggs had no effect on 70 percent of the participants, while the effect on the rest 30 percent was trivial.

Health Benefits of Bananas

Bananas are extremely nutritious and highly versatile fruit. They are abundant in fiber and various antioxidants.  Some of the major nutrients bananas contains are:

  • Magnesium
  • Copper
  • Manganese
  • Net carbs
  • Protein
  • Potassium
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin C

It has been scientifically shown that bananas are effective at reducing hunger and keeping blood sugar levels in check.  This is due to the two types of fiber they contain, resistant starch and pectin, both of which regulate blood sugar levels in an all-natural way. Their  potassium content of bananas lowers blood pressure. When combined with its blood sugar regulating properties, bananas are ideal food for promoting heart health. In addition to this, bananas improve digestion, promote healthy weight loss, contain potent antioxidants, improve insulin sensitivity, promote kidney health, and many more.

Banana-Egg Pancake Recipe

Ingredients:

  • ½ cup of ripe, mashed bananas
  • 2 eggs

Instructions:

  • Mix the mashed bananas and eggs in a bowl
  • Pour ¼ of the mixture into a pan over medium heat. Flip on the other side once it starts bubbling
  • Repeat the procedure with the rest of the butter (4-5 pancakes)

Sources:

https://authoritynutrition.com/

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *