Did you know that aluminum foil is one of the most versatile kitchen tools? There are countless uses of aluminum, which actually go far beyond culinary purposes. Multiple studies have found that aluminum foil can be a beneficial tool for the treatment of muscular, back, neck, arm, leg and joint pain as well as postoperative scars and burns. Aluminum foil is also an irreplaceable part of some healing practices for many Chinese and Russian natural healers.
HOW TO USE ALUMINUM FOIL?
Aluminum foil wraps against muscle and joint pain
This treatment can relieve pain in the neck, back, arms, legs and joints, but you can also use it to treat sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, and heel pain.
- Wrap the painful area on your body with aluminum foil.
- Fasten it with a bandage.
- Leave it overnight.
- Repeat the treatment for 10-12 days and then take a one week break.
- If you still feel pain, you should repeat the treatment.
Flu and cold treatment
It may sound surprising, but aluminum foil can be used to fight infections. This aluminum foil treatment will help you get rid of strong cold in a couple of days. You will also avoid taking the unnecessary antibiotics.
1. Wrap your feet in 5 layers of foil and put cotton between the layers.
2. Leave the wrap on for an hour before removing it.
3. Repeat the procedure with a new wrap two hours later, and leave it for an additional hour.
4. Repeat the procedure one more time after a two-hour break.
5. Continue with this treatment for seven days.
Aluminum foil for burns
Aluminum foil can also relieve the pain from burns caused by fire, hot water, oil, and other liquids.
- Hold the burn under cold running water for several minutes.
- Dry it with a clean and soft cloth if your skin is not damaged or,
- Absorb the water from the wound with sterile gauze if your skin is damaged.
- Then apply a thin layer of ointment in order to prevent the gauze from sticking to the wound.
- Put some aluminum foil over the wound (if the wound is not open) or over the gauze (if the wound is open) and fasten it with a bandage.
- Leave the foil until the pain disappears.
Treating insomnia and fatigue
Many beauticians and makeup artists recommend the use of aluminum foil for facial treatment because it can refresh and reenergize your face after a sleepless night.
- Put some aluminum foil strips in a freezer for a few hours.
- Then put the frozen strips on the areas on your face you want to refresh (face, cheeks or eyelids), and leave them for several minutes.
- Remove the strips and you will notice that the signs of insomnia and fatigue on your face have disappeared.